Our Mission Statement:
Preserving and protecting the quality of life in Pittsburg and for all our Delta and Bay neighbors by educating the residents about local environmental and health issues.
Pittsburg Defense Council is committed to educating and empowering our local residents to advocate for clean air, water quality, a healthy environment and improving the quality of life for the residents of Pittsburg and our Delta and Bay neighbors.
- Respect and value others
- Engage and embrace diversity
- Maintain integrity and ethical responsibility in all practices
Our Goals and Objectives:
- To educate, advocate, facilitate, and assist with the clean up of environmental hazards
- To make a positive, lasting, sustainable difference in the landscape and waterfront of Pittsburg and our neighboring communities
- To improve communication between citizens and local entities by creating a forum for residents to advocate for the needs of the community
- To monitor city actions and advocate alignment with healthy environmental practices
- Educate residents about actions or decisions that may impact quality of life through community outreach activities
- Participate in local and regional meetings to learn about and highlight changes to improve the environmental quality of Pittsburg to keep our community safe and healthy
- Understand the legal process, and resident protections available, involved with any current or proposed projects